Kansas Homestead Tax Refund
The Homestead Refund Program (K-40H) is for homeowners and renters who were residents of Kansas all of 2012. As a resident the entire year, you are eligible if your total household income is $32,400 or less and you:
- were born before January 1, 1957, or
- were blind or totally and permanently disabled all of 2012, or
- have a dependent child who lived with you the entire year who was born before January 1, 2012 and was under the age 18 all of 2012.
The County Clerk's Office can assist you in completing your claim.
What you need to provide:
- Total Household Income figures (wages, Social Security Benefits, pensions, interest, etc.)
- Property Tax Statement OR amout of rent paid for entire year
- If Disabled, must have Social Security Benefit Verification Statement or Schedule DIS
Claim file dates are from January 1 to April 15
Important: A person owning or occupying a homestead, that is not rental property, with an appraised valuation for property tax purposes that exceeds $350,000 does NOT qualify for a homestead refund. Also, if the property you rent is not on the tax rolls, you do not qualify for a Homestead refund.